Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chipotle beef salads

      Just wanted to share this week's dinners.  I bought a pot roast cut of beef at Costco this weekend.  Half of it went into the slow cooker with ground chipotle (also bought this weekend), soy sauce (I now only have gluten free in the fridge), and some other seasonings; the other half went into the freezer.  I cooked the meat on low all day while I was working in the lab.



     The meat was tender and crumbled apart by the time I came home.  I served it over a large bed of spinach with bell pepper, carrots, black beans, and gorgonzola.  Dressed it with balsamic vinaigrette.  Doesn't get much lower in carbs, higher in vegetables, and easier than this.  I have to say though, that much gorgonzola isn't for the faint of heart.


     For the sake of cost and convenience, the Costco pot roast was an easy choice.  Definitely conventionally raised.  However, my mom bought me some grass-fed beef neck bones at the farmer's market this weekend (thanks mom!).  The "bison guy" wasn't able to make it this week, so there was a red meat alternate there.  I'm looking forward to combining those bones with some left over bison marrow bones to make a batch of bone broth.  And of course, I'll cook it in the slow cooker while I'm working.

No comments:

Post a Comment