|Coconut-curried chicken and sausage|
Sausages and burgers
BBQ seasoned flap-meat steaks (used my stock BBQ rub)
Jerk chicken thighs (again, my stock Jerk rub)
Coconut-curried chicken breasts
- Mix a can of unsweetend coconut milk with a few generous dashes of fish sauce, soy-sauce, and Siracha
- Chop 1/4 cup of cilantro and 2 serrano chilies, then add to marinade.
- Squeeze two lime's worth of juice into marinade.
- Add 1 tbsp of sweet curry powder, then mix.
- Save some marinade to add to chicken once it comes off the grill. This really makes the dish.
- Add chicken to marinade, let rest, then grill.
I served the chicken with more fish sauce and Siracha. Limes and cilantro are always welcome. KR also prepared her always-amazing cheese-stuffed grilled chili peppers. She made both jalapeños and medium chilies.
To celebrate, I made sugar-free Dark N' Stormy's. I used gold rum with a dash of Jamaican rum, plenty of lime juice, and topped them up with diet ginger ale. These would explain why I was a bit slow with the camera...
Happy Memorial Day!