Grilled veggies are always fantastic. I'm clearly getting my asparagus fix over the spring while it's fresh. I also roasted some golden beets and drizzled them with olive oil. Whether red or golden, beats can really make a meal pop. Look out Food Network.
Easy Roasted Beets:
- Remove greens. Wash and scrub beets thoroughly.
- Place beets on a large sheet of aluminum foil, drizzle with oil, and fold aluminum foil so that it creates a packet (make sure the edges are sealed to ensure steaming). It will look like someone tried to awkwardly wrap up loose tennis balls as a gift.
- Roast at 350 degrees F for 1 hour, or until you can pierce with a knife.
- When cool enough to handle, peel the beets by rubbing them into a towel or wad of paper towels.
- Salt, pepper, olive oil, and serve.